IMAPClient 0.6 released
IMAPClient 0.6 is finally out! Highlights:
- Completely new response parsing code. Complex response items like BODYSTRUCTURE and ENVELOPE are now handled properly and interaction with the Gmail and MS Exchange IMAP implementations works correctly.
- Support for the COPY command
- Support for the XLIST extension (used by Gmail)
- select_folder() now returns a parsed response containing all reported details about the selected folder.
- the return value from list_folders(), list_sub_folders() and xlist_folders() now include the IMAP folder flags and folder delimiter.
- Handling of internationalised folder names has been cleaned up. Folder names now are always returned as unicode strings.
- Many bug fixes.
Be aware that there have been several API changes with this release. See the NEWS file for further details.
IMAPClient can be installed from PyPI (
pip install imapclient) or
downloaded from the IMAPClient site.
As always, feedback, bug reports and patches are most welcome.
Special thanks goes to Mark Hammond. He has contributed a significant amount of code and effort to this release. Incidentally, Mark is using IMAPClient as part of the backend for the Raindrop Mozilla Labs project.